Everything from children's toys to car parts, except for what is on the list of prohibited items. Should you have any doubts about the possibility of delivering goods from the USA to Ukraine, please contact our managers, and we will answer your questions.
Below is the list of prohibited goods. An attempt to send anything from this can lead to criminal liability, fines and even imprisonment.
• Piercing and cutting objects, knives, including axes or tourist axes.
• Weapons, including accessories for them (cartridges, storage bags, storage cases, flashlights/weapon sights, equipment, clips, mounts); tripods/stands for weapons (can be used for military purposes); paintball weapons and accessories; moveable weapon components; military uniform and accessories; paralytic liquid cans; goods marked as “Tactical”; crossbows, bows, including for sports shooting.
• Explosives, pyrotechnics.
• Fire extinguishers and bulletproof vests.
• Radioactive substances.
• Replicas (copies) of brands.
• Car parts that contain petroleum products, oils, liquids.
• Flammable or corrosive liquids.
• Live or non-live animals, seeds, plant seedlings, samples of mineral stones.
• Precious metals/gems.
• Money or stocks, bonds, checks, antiques (paintings, coins, etc.).
• Documents: letters; securities; passports; birth certificates.
• Pharmaceuticals, medicines (vitamins and dietary supplements are allowed).
• Medical equipment, any medical accessories, instruments, devices.
• Tobacco and tobacco products/accessories: hookahs; vapes; e-cigarettes.
• Narcotic substances.
• Food products; perishable goods the transportation of which requires a temperature regime.
• Pornographic materials.
• All items requiring a US export license.
• Any military goods.
• Portable video cameras, listening devices, signal jammers and other dual-use goods.
• Electric transport and its components: electric scooters; scooters; segways; drones.
• Animal feed.
• Any expired products.
• Goods prohibited for delivery by the legislation of Ukraine and the Customs Law.
Products that are prohibited for air, but allowed for sea shipment and economy delivery:
• Goods weighing more than 30 kg, if not prohibited by the list above.
• Perfume/testers, aerosols, dispensers, mists.
• Accumulators, lithium batteries, power banks.
• Life jackets, car airbags.
• Shock absorbers.
• Corrosive and flammable substances (paints, adhesives, chemicals, flammable resins, solvents, liquids, compressed air, goods that contain any gases, alcohols, acids, lacquers, etc.).
Delivery of goods from such stores as digikey.com, mouser.com, as well as Raspberry Pi microcomputers, must be agreed in advance. To send the goods of this type, you need to provide an invoice and a bank statement, copy of your passport, photo of the bank card, statement in any form that the goods will be used only for personal purposes.
If you have not found your product on the prohibited list but still have doubts, please contact us for advice before buying. We will be happy to help you understand the ins and outs.
Everyone who has ordered goods in the United States at least once knows that all goods that come to Ukraine go through the customs clearance procedure. This scares many, but there is nothing to be afraid of, unless you order something from the list of prohibited goods :)
Seriously though, you just need to learn a few basic things that will allow you to keep calm when your parcel going through the customs clearance procedure.
According to the legislation of Ukraine, goods up to EUR 150 in one flight from one sender are NOT subject to customs duty.
If the cost of the ordered goods exceeds EUR 150, you will have to pay 20% VAT on the excess amount, and if the value of the goods you ordered exceeds EUR 150, you will have to pay an additional fee of 10% of the excess amount of EUR 200 and 20% VAT of the excess amount from the calculated duty of EUR 150.
Using this formula, it is easy to calculate the approximate amount of the duty even before the parcel gets stuck at customs.
What to do to avoid complications with the customs?
- Always keep receipts, screenshots and other proof of the goods value to avoid misunderstandings. For example, if you order an expensive item, such as a tablet, and it costs you EUR 120, this may raise suspicion among customs officials, because they know how much it actually costs. But you will be able to provide evidence that the cost was exactly that and you are not fooling anyone.
- Always order the goods for an individual. If the goods are ordered in the name of a legal entity, customs clearance is treated differently.
- Do not order many of same goods. In this case, “many” means more than 6. Many identical goods can be regarded as an attempt to deliver a commercial cargo. And dealing with a commercial cargo is a completely different story.
Basically, these are the reasons why your parcel may get “stuck” at customs.
To be more brief, the reasons for delay may be:
- Exceeding the customs limit (50 kg or EUR 150).
- Prohibited items detected.
- A parcel sent to an individual is full of the same things and is suspected to be a commercial cargo.
- There are doubts that the item cost is indicated honestly.
No need to panic if your parcel is detained at customs.
You can solve the issue as follows.
- Pay the duty if you have exceeded the limit.
- Provide proof that the product is worth exactly this amount.
If you ordered a product with our help, your communication with customs would be minimal. We will only send you a receipt for duty payment. But sometimes we can ask you for documents at the request of the customs, namely:
- Passport of the consignee (scanned copy).
- Documents confirming the value of the goods (invoices, screenshots, etc.).
- Statement from the bank that indicates what amount was withdrawn.
As for timing, sometimes the parcel can be kept at customs for even more than 10 days, but this happens at peak times, for example, during the holidays. Do not worry. If there are no prohibited things in the parcel, it will be delivered to you as soon as the customs “jam” ends.
All parcels that arrive in Ukraine must pass customs control.
The Customs Service of Ukraine is a state body that has its own laws and regulations. We must adhere to them and take them into account when ordering goods from the USA. The most important rule for today is that all parcels worth more than EUR 100 are subject to taxation.
After sending a flight with your parcel from the United States, we send a customs declaration for it to Ukraine. It is formed on the basis of the data you specified in your personal account (product type, price, weight, etc.).
PLEASE NOTE! After sending, no amendments can be made to it. If you find a mistake, please contact our hotline so that we can fix it faster together. The parcel goes through customs control based on the declared data. If the customs inspector does not have doubts about this information, the check will take several minutes and the parcel will immediately go further to you, or an appropriate duty will be charged on it depending on the value of the goods.
If the inspector has doubts about the indicated value, it will be necessary to provide all supporting documents. Always keep them until you receive the parcel.
It may also happen that the duty is not calculated correctly by the inspector. In this case, we will appeal against the charges. Please provide all the documents that we indicate in the letter to you.
If you used the Redemption service, please let us know. We will take all the data from our buyer.
Dear clients, we understand that sometimes there is a delay of a couple of days that you did not expect. We always want to deliver your parcels faster, but if the goods are still delayed, you will have to provide all the reliable information requested by the inspector. At this stage, we do not have physical access to the parcels.
On average, the delay at customs is a week (about 5 working days). The storage period for parcels at customs is 30 days. After that, they are processed to return to the United States. Therefore, we advise you to take care of the documents for the goods in advance.
Get US address + Make an order + Take product